Friday 28 August 2009

FIRST POST

Well, to my first reader and all those following...Welcome.

Let me start with a small, well small-ish explanation on my plans.

Only now, and never again, I apologise if ever I insult or injure someone by a bad choice of words. English is not my first language. I do try my best, but sometimes something really idiotic (which of course I don't see) comes up, or some huge spelling or grammar mystake sort of makes a comedy appearance. So forgive me for that, if you can't, well...don't read on and goodbye, thanks for visiting.


So here I go, for real now...

I plan to use this blog as a tool to help order my thoughts on my wargaming adventure. Of course readers will have to put up with the occasional rant…

The first project which has taken a start as I write (figures are being shipped from the UK) is my 7YW Imagi-Nation. Phase one is assembling armies for rules compatible with DIE KRIEGSKUNST style basing. My inspiration for this came from Keith's Wargaming blog and Angus Konstam. Of course credit goes to many more fine gentlemens Blogs like Alte Fritz, Duchy of Stollen and many more: I thank you all. Where was I...Ah yes,

Phase 2 should be to build on this to recreate Grantian (is this a word?, now it is...) sized 7YW units. Sounds easy when you read it like this, doesn’t it? Anyway, these armies will be 25/28mm.


My second project will be Napoleonic gaming. I have two rulesets I want to use for this; First of all my beloved Napoleonic wargame rules by the Tunbridge Wells Wargames Society (actually written by George Gush). With these rules, several boxes of Airfix, coloured chalk and a chipboard battlefield, my cousin and I fought many battles. The rules are so Old School, and -for me- better than Grants Napoleonics.

These Napoleonic units will be based such as to be compatible to play General de Brigade. I wanted to play In the Grand Manner, but as the GdeB rules are so much more structured they are more accessible for someone who’s first language is Dutch. Here I will chose 25/28mm models, probably in a generic 100-days setting.

My third project will consist of ancients. Saving some Euro’s here I will probably go for 1/72 plastic armies. Rules will be either WRG 2nd or 6th, or a homebrew of these, combined with George Gush’s ancient rules and the rules from Quarries Guide to Wargaming. I don’t really like DBM, Field of Glory type games. (Yesterday I learned that the "Warrior" rules are descendants of WRG ancients...have to find more on that.)

Project number 4 is the Second World War. Also in 1/72 plastic these will primarily be a diversion for painting Horse and Musket uniforms. Rules of choice are Rapid Fire and Battlegroup Panzergrenadier. Bonus is the scale modelling aspect, also one of my passions that was put on hold for a long time.

I think this is enough for today. Time to get some painting space sorted out, check on brushes and paint, create some simple terrain…in short: time to get started.

Happy gaming.

Pjotr

PS: I haven’t sorted out this blog configuration yet. I promise things will get better.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of Blog, sir.

    I would say to you that planning four projects at once would be a bit much EXCEPT that I'm nowhere near having only four myself. . . . *grin*.

    As for your SYW Imagi-Nation, I will invite you to join the "Emperor vs Elector" group blog if you want to. If so, email me at . . . bluebear@uniserve.com . . . and I'll see that you get an invitation. If you are not interested, that's fine too . . . but you'd be welcome.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete